Saturday, April 7, 2007

Caleb Rocks!

Ok, so he's not rocking out at the moment as we turned off his little iPod. :)

We got here this morning to find that he is no longer on the O2 in his nose--just the drugs and no extra help. Of course, he was being cranky so the nurse had made him a "burrito" baby. He likes to yell, and wow those lungs are getting strong. He's so sweet!

The nurse we have today is a good 'do-it-yourself' nurse. I changed his diaper, then Eric got to hold him and feed him today. I was jealous, but it was Eric's turn to hold him. It was also Eric's turn at the diaper, but we all know how that went... :)

Today he's learning how to eat. You'd think this would be instinct for someone in my family, however he doesn't seem to quite get the hang of it. Put bottle in mouth: check. Suck: check. Wait, I'm supposed to keep sucking?? That's hard work, nevermind.

Eric got him to give a few good burps, but he only took 5oz by bottle and the rest had to go thru the feeding tube. Oh he was mad about that tube going in.

He's about to be moved into a crib instead of his ICU bed, so woohoo! I'm going to get down there for that action... and I want to hold him again. Will update as needed, but his O2 is fantastic and it looks like the original schedule is still on track for the surgery. If we hear any different, will let you know!

3 comments:

JillyGirl said...

Oooh...I can't wait to see the little baby burrito! :) That's great news about the oxygen...and I'm sure he'll start sucking that bottle down once he's sick of the feeding tube! He sounds like a quick learner. Hehehe...

Dietra said...

What is Caleb rocking out to?

Teresa said...

To My BFF,

U 2 keep up the good parenting...

The best gift you can give him is your presence!

Congratulations.....You have the bravest son in all the Nation!

I am praying everyday..that all goes unexpectably well everyday
....

Love T2