Friday, July 13, 2007

Ha! A new post!

Let me tell you, we have been very busy...

Last month Mr. Caleb was feeling a little under the weather. We took him to his regular pediatrician and they sent us for an overnight in the hospital. Any other baby they said that they would have sent home with a "keep an eye on him." But they wanted to keep an even closer eye on him. So we spent the night at Children's Hospital. What was wrong with him? Who knows!! His fever was gone by that afternoon in the ER, and he was playing and being a normal baby. His breathing, which had turned to a rough grunting, was smooth once again.

That week his family from Kentucky came to visit: Auntie, Nana and Great Grandma (aka Granny). We had a good week with them. He didn't mind getting poked and prodded by family. :)

Today we had his "Lung Profusion Scan." They checked to see how much blood was flowing from the heart to each lung. I do not know the results of this scan... the techs wouldn't even give me an idea. From my viewpoint I could see there WAS indeed blood flowing to each lung, and to me it looked like there was a difference, but not a huge one. Of course, I am not a tech, and I cannot say for sure.

We also had his weight-check and doctor visit. He is 12.5lbs now. I was mistaken earlier when I said he was 50% all the way. He was 50% in height/head size. 25% is where he is on his weight. So I got a skinny little guy. He's actually not all that skinny! He does have a cute little belly, nice chubby thighs and arms... a dinky bum, though! He has the cutest little bottom.

He's doing well, except we must now add another doctor: an eye doctor. His pediatrician thinks that his eyes are very slightly crossed. So they just want to make sure there are no eye muscle problems. As we've heard countless times, it's better to fix this stuff now than wait until he's older (and yet we've heard countless times that they're waiting until he's older to do certain things!)

1 comment:

Dietra said...

Glad to hear things are going well :)