Friday, July 27, 2007

At Children's

I am in Children's Hospital's new Parent area at the moment. Caleb is having his procedure in the heart cath lab. We just ate lunch and are now looking aroud. I just saw the internet and thought I would pop on. You know an addict when you see one.

The little dude did really well this morning for not getting to eat. I woke him up at 1am for a bottle (he didn't sleep-walk but he sleep-ate!) He probably didn't even know I was there! But he ate 3oz and then went back to sleep. When I got him up to put him in the car seat, he was still in the same position.

We got to Children's and they put us in a waiting area.... where we waited. He was weighed, measured and put in a gown. Thankfully he went to sleep for a while. Then when he woke up he realized that he hadn't ate yet and started to hollar. This was at about 10am when his procedure was supposed to start.

After he calmed down, the doctors showed up, and finally they took him back at about 10:20 a.m. I went up to the cafeteria and had the famous grilled cheese sandwich that they serve here. TWO THUMBS UP on this thing... I swear it's worth coming to the cafeteria here just for the cheap food. haha But it's not healthy food... go figure. The best things here are the grilled cheese, the cheeseburger and the fried chicken strips!

Ah well, just stopped by to explore the area... will update. :)

1 comment:

JillyGirl said...

I was so glad to hear that everything went well today. Caleb is such a trooper...No food & then surgery for crying out loud. Ugh! Looking forward to another update soon! :)