Saturday, March 10, 2007

Doctors Galore!

We had three doctor's appointments this week. One was the baby's regular ultrasound, one was my regular check-up, and one was the Fetal Echo.

My ultrasound doctor is Dr. Case. He says the baby is growing big and strong--he says that he's about 6lbs, 2oz at this point. Certainly not King Kong, but very respectable as he can be expected to pack on another pound in a month. My friend Michelle just had a baby that was 9lbs, 8oz. Woohoo! The baby was also showing off by working his little diaphram and showing he was ready to come out and breathe.

At my regular check-up, I've found that I'm about 1.5cm dilated, and things are on target for a delivery at the end of the month. The baby is getting ready to make his way into the world! My doctor is Dr. Kathy Partida.

At the Fetal Echo, he once again demonstrated that he could breathe now by moving his diaphram, but decided they didn't need to look all that closely at his heart. He wadded himself up into a little ball and kept moving his arms and legs around so they would be sure to catch the shadows. What they did see is that his heart function is still excellent and that everything still looks like it's the same size. The doctor is Meg MacMillan--she's relatively new at Children's--and she's very excited about his case.

The baby is coming soon! I'm getting excited and a little afraid of delivery, but that's normal. I just don't know what to expect. But once we get thru that and his little operation, we're going to be set!

(We just ate breakfast so he's demonstrating to me that he needs more room! STRETCH! POKE!)

2 comments:

Dietra said...

I found it... and cheering you on from the Midwest :D

~Dietra

me said...

No drugs for you during delivery!