Saturday, March 3, 2007

Getting Ready

So my friends may think that I'm crazy, and they may be right.... I have purchased an iPod for the baby. I figure he's going to be sitting there in the hospital for a long time, and he'll be sedated enough so where he can't accidentally pull out a tube. I want his mind to be occupied while his body cannot be. I have bought the iPod plus several CDs that the baby can listen to during his hospital stay. I figured that I would end up spending just about as much on a portable CD player, and that is now pretty outdated!

I have also bought many books to read him. That way he will hear my voice and know that I'm near, and he might get a little entertainment out of the deal as well. I'm sure that I'll be hard-pressed to run out of things to talk about, but I would like to pass on my love of books to him.

I've also been getting together decorations for his ICU crib (such as photos of us, etc). I've selected clothes to bring for when he's out of the ICU and some toys, too. We don't have to bring a thing to Children's Hospital, as they will take care of everything, but I think that he should start living like he will at home as soon as possible. That, and he has some darn adorable clothes!! :)

No comments: