Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Caleb's Big Adventure

Today was a big day for the little boy! :)

He started out by waking up relatively late. He slept in until just after 10. I got him up and brought him into our bedroom. He was wearing his green striped PJs with three turtles on them that say, "One.. Two... Three... Cute as can be!" And it's true, he is cute!

Caleb sat on my arm with his feet pressed against Eric's side. Eric tickled him, and the baby laughed and smiled. They played for about twenty minutes, although when Eric's attention started to wane, the baby reminded him who was boss with a few swift kicks in the ribs. Yeah, try to play the game, will you, daddy?? Take THIS! *kick*

When he was finishing playing, I brought him downstairs and we filled up the bathtub for the first time. Normally he just gets a sponge bath or is suspended via hammock over the water in the tub. Today he's old enough and his scar is healed enough for a bath where he can sit in the water. We didn't use a lot of water, just enough for his bum to be covered and his legs to splash if he kicked. At first he was like, "OMGNO!" but then he realized the water was just fine. I did try to put him in the deeper end near the end of our bath, and he said no thanks to that one. One step at a time, I guess.

After that he had his first 100% formula bottle. He's been on fortified breast milk since he was born (26 calorie for those of you who know). Now he's taking so much volume per feed, and my supply is dwindling so I'm moving him to formula. For me, this is a big stress reliever, because it's hard to realize that you can't make enough food to feed your own child. I've gone through a lot of emotions over it, and I think finally I've come to terms with it. As for Caleb, he drank 3oz both feeds he's taken it, and doesn't seem to mind a bit.

After an afternoon nap, Grandma and I packed up the little dude and drove him to the Bellevue city park. We walked the 1/2 mile loop around the park, with the little one in the stroller. We stopped at a bench to watch the baby ducks (well, Caleb mostly kept his eyes clothes with the bright light and the wind, I don't think he noticed the ducks at all). The walk was seemingly enjoyable for him. Today was very hot--81 degrees at 6pm when we were on the walk, but very breezy.

Caleb may think the camera is part of my body... it's always pointed at him!

Now that we got home, he's having a little bef0re-bed cranky time. :) Boys!

No comments: