Saturday, May 19, 2007

Friday appointment

So I'm a little late...

We went to see our regular pediatrician on Friday. Just your normal two week check-up. The little guy is weighing 9.5lbs according to their scale. He was more than that the Friday before, so they just claimed the difference in scales. All I know is that he's big!

He's doing great as far as the regular check up goes. He is a little advanced in the fact that he will smile at us. He is a little behind in the way that he hasn't started to reach for anything in front of him yet. Well, today I swear he reached for something, so we'll call it even. hehe He does track things visually and reacts to noises.

They checked his thyroid levels and gave him 4 shots and an oral vaccine. They tried drawing blood out of both arms, so each limb is poked full of holes. :( He was NOT happy at all about this development. He was having a good time at the doctors, and yet this ruined his mood. I don't know if I've ever heard him scream like that. Luckily when I was able to hold him he calmed down. But he was so instantly tired that he passed out in my arms. He slept until about 4am with little waking inbetween.

He'll have another weight check in 2 weeks, and another appointment in 4 months. We're not having as many appointments and doctor visits now. It makes me wonder if he'll be so "good" next time. hehe He'll not be used to getting poked and proded.

We're starting to get out in the world a little more. We can go for walks and to the store and to friends' houses now. Not for long, we are not pushing it, but he's still out there in the world looking around. There are so many things to show him, so many things to learn!!

We'll get started on all that... after we try to get some sleep tonight...

1 comment:

Terry, Tammy & Brittany said...

I don't blame him...I hate needles.