Monday, April 16, 2007

Awesome Update!!

I just got paged from the OR... I shoved everything on my lunch tray in my bag and ran until I found a phone. I called and then they put me on hold... oh geez.

After I was done holding, someone named "Grahm" picked up. A nurse, I didn't recognize the name (later I found out this is his PICU nurse today). She wanted to update me that the surgery went very well, and my baby is off the heart/lung machine and his systems are working on their own!!!!!!

I don't have any specifics... just that he'll be in the OR for about another 1-1.5 hours as they get him ready for transport, and then they'll get him settled in his room back in the PICU for about another 30 minutes after that... then I get to see my baby!!!

Well... I started bawling, and I became one of those people you see walking down the hallway in the hospital bawling their eyes out. Someone looked at me and I kinda yelled at them, "IT'S GOOD NEWS! IT'S GOOD NEWS!!"

So... yes, it's true, Caleb's mama is still insane, but oh so very VERY VERY happy. Now we just need to wait these next several days out while his body recovers from surgery!

1 comment:

Dietra said...

Haha, I became one of those people sitting on my couch with tears running down my face yelling "IT'S GOOD NEW!"I'm so happy for you!!!
<3