Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday... (no inventive title)

Well... today was uneventful, and for that I am thankful!

The baby was sleeping when I arrived. He is so adoreable. Right after that it was time for him to eat. I fed him a bottle and he sucked it right down. When he woke up for it, it was typical Caleb. *Eyes open* *Realizes hunger* *WAH!!!!* :)

Right before the bottle, we had a visit from my friend Tania. She was there for the feeding, then he impressed her with his big blue eyes. Afterwards he took a nap. Tania and I went out for a little lunch, and when we came back--it was time for another feeding.

The baby let me get through two diapers today without hollaring, and one NEARLY without hollaring. And really that was more of a crank than a hollar. His O2 sats were good today--he didn't set his alarms off all that often. The only rough part of the day was trying to convince him to eat the rest of his dinner when he felt that it was 10 oz too much. That was a surprise as he's been sucking down the food like they won't bring him another.

Tomorrow is the day before surgery, and in order to get him ready they have to.... actually not much. He will get a bath tonight, and another tomorrow night. There will be a few labs to run, but that's it. Otherwise he's pretty much ready to go.

Oh he's so beautiful! It's getting harder to leave him there every night... I want to take him home! Only a few more weeks left, I suppose!

1 comment:

Heather Papineau said...

My thoughts are with you this weekend before the big day of anticipation.

Josh and I are up in Lynden at a baseball tournament this whole weekend. (Thank God for internet cafes)

Hope to make it to see you three when the time is right. Again, if you need anything please let me know... I will be thinking of you.