Friday, April 27, 2007

First Dr. Appointment? Or...

So today the baby had his first doctor's appointment. Kinda. I know he's seen a lot of doctors in the past, but this time it was a regular "Well-baby" appointment with his pediatrician. She is located in Woodinville and is actually a good friend of his cardiologist. They had been emailing back and forth about the little guy, so she knew all about him.

Finding the office was a challenge. I forgot to bring the address so we stopped at the "Medical Building" and I hoped it was the right one. Yes, it was--yay! I read the board and we went up to the 3rd floor to the office. I didn't read the board correctly... "Woodinville Pediatric Dentistry" was not the same place. So back down to the bottom--it said it was on that floor, down the hall. We walked down the hall. "If you are seeing Dr. Anderson, she is located in suite 205 today." So... back up the hall and back up the elevator to floor 2. We were getting quite the tour. After the appointment, I wasn't sure if we got off on floor "1" or "L" so I chose "1." Turns out it should have been L. *grin* So we saw each floor of the building.

We found out that the baby is in the 47th percentile in weight--he is 8lbs now!! He is in the 54th percentile in height--a whopping 21" now. Head size is 51st coming in at 14 3/4 inches. They made the little dude stip. We found out his goopy eyes are normal, but she did give us eyedrops in case they kept up putting out a lot of goop. His little "foldy" ear should come back down to look like his other one--I don't know if I mentioned one ear is just stuck flat to his head and the other one looks like it was rolled up in the womb! :) It's starting to flatten at the top, but the bottom is still rolled up.

A delicate subject now... as for the snipping. Typically there is a short window to do the circumcision before it is a "surgical" event. As a newborn they do a little numbing and then a "snip." As he gets older it will require more pain medication, so that is why. The clinic we go to perform very little snippings at his age, so it will probably need to wait until he is a year old. Not a biggie at this point, I mean it's not like it's going to require extra cleaning or cause issues in the locker room. And, at the moment, I don't think he needs another poking and injury to take care of!

As a reward for joining Woodinville Peds, we received a small diaper bag, some literature, and a MASSIVE book to read. It weighs more than the baby!

What we did next was... go to Target! Yes, the baby has to learn the joy of Target. Well, either that or we were in some serious need of some diapers. We bought a wipe warmer as well, as part of his anger over the diaper changes have been the cold wipes assaulting the family jewels. I bought some "sensitive skin" wipes because he is quite the sensitive boy. Also I am going to try that lavender bath... I think tonight we'll have our first bath at home! Once I figure out the bathtub. Jill... it's "some assembly required," what's up with that??

Other than that, he is laying in the stroller taking a nap as the bed is all the way upstairs. :)

3 comments:

JillyGirl said...

lol...Sorry about that! I figured it was just unwrap...fill with water...insert baby...wash...:)Hope it went well! :)

Dietra said...

haha "unwrap...fill...insert baby..wash..." That was funny!

Oh and welcome home baby!

me said...

I hope he gets your nose.