Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Days on "The Floor"

So the baby moved to the floor, and I was not very happy.

It's loud, noisy, and right when we first moved it took me 20 minutes to run down a nurse. I wasn't very impressed. We had to share another room with a baby, whenever he cried, Caleb cried. Their family was busy watching television--violent tv where there was a lot of gunfire and screaming going on. Not exactly what I wanted my baby exposed to.

Caleb couldn't sleep and generally was pretty miserable. We were in the bed right next to the door. I was very upset--I actually came home and shoved the carseat in the car and was getting ready to bring him home.

Today was a little better. We were moved to the window bed because our neighbor left, and we got in a 5 yr old kid who has been thru many surgeries. He knows the drill. They were watching kid videos, which are much better at least. He's going to have surgery tomorrow, and I'm sure we'll get a new roommate.

Everyone was telling me that the baby was going home tomorrow. He had test after horrible test this morning. It was hard for me to watch during some of the tests.

Well, it was a rough morning, but the afternoon got better. He was eating better, and then the O2 came out of his nose. He was sating fine. Then, a little later, they took him off all the monitors. I had a baby that was attached to: NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to dinner, pumped, came back to the room and the baby was hooked up to all the monitors and an IV was sitting in his bed. WTF??

Well, one of the tests this morning showed a small clot in his heart. So, they're putting him on drugs to dissolve the clot, and this will delay us coming home from the hospital. :( For a few days.

I didn't take that news all that well, and still am not taking it well. I don't like this new ward, even though it's better than it was yesterday. I just want to bring the baby home. This "one more thing" stuff isn't wearing well on me, and I can't get as much rest as I was getting in the other ward, either. All together, I'm ready to bring my little love home. Ah well... another day--one more day at a time.

3 comments:

JillyGirl said...

Ugh...I bet it was a letdown to think you'd be bringing Caleb home & then be told no...But you know, it's all for the best and all that jazz. (smile) Love you guys and am thinking about you!

me said...

I'll come by tomorrow night to prep the room. I'll print out the amulet and get the silver thread tonight.

Dietra said...

It'll all be done soon. And you'll have you little love home for years, and years, and years to come. <3 You're doing great Amy! Holding up much better than some parents I've seen.